So one Friday night when Preston was gone, I thought it would be fun to take the kids over to our neighborhood lake and feed the ducks. We all love feeding the ducks and I thought it would just be nice to enjoy a beautiful summer night at the lake.
Never underestimate the crazy power of kids! What I thought would be a nice relaxing night turned into quite the stressful adventure! First the kids whined because we ran out of bread to soon. Then the kids decided it was more fun to chase the ducks than to feed them! We saw people out on paddle boats and canoe's and went to see them. Turns out ever Friday they offer free boat rides. I thought it would be great fun to take the kids out on a paddle boat ride. So we went for a little ride, but no one seemed to have fun. And when we were done we all had wet bums, which made Kierra who drank too much water for dinner have to go potty even worse than she already did! So we ran for the club house but low and behold someone was in the women's bathroom. I told Kierra to just go in the men's, she relented and went in. Just a few seconds later she came out crying because she couldn't get the door to latch and ended up peeing her pants! Oh my goodness, was she miserable after that! So I tried to herd everyone back to the car but the boys just kept running around. Then Parker decided to jump off a big rock and slipped on the wet grass hurting his back very badly! So after helping him to the car I had to go grab the two year old who was having too much fun and who proceeded to throw a screaming tantrum all the way back to the car and all the way home!
What a fun night!!!
2 comments:
Kids are funny and sometimes very fickle. I took the kids to the park today. Riska said she had to pee. I took her into the bathroom and when she went in there she stopped and refused to go to the bathroom because it was gross. My little OCD child would rather hold it in until we got home. (in her defense it smelled and was gross but most outdoor toilets do.) I was finally able to take her to the library and let her go but the whole thing made me laugh
kids are so much fun.
Post a Comment