Last month we had the awesome opportunity of seeing our oldest child get baptized. On February 28, 2009 Parker became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He had the special experience of being baptized by his Uncle Nathan. We thought that would be appropriate because Nathan missed being able to baptize his own son. Parker just loved it! I'm not sure if it was all the attention, or being dunked three times, or maybe it was the presents, but I have never seen him happier! Parker and a few of the other kids there sang "I like my Birthdays", I gave the talk (which didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked since I was so stressed about everything else I had to do), Uncle Nathan baptized him, my sister Cindy sang a song about the Holy Ghost, then Preston confirmed him and gave a wonderful testimony afterword. We had so many family and friends come to celebrate this special day with us. It made me feel so blessed to have them in my life and so grateful that we all share the blessings of the gospel. Parker tried so hard to be good after his baptism (although he hasn't been as good since), the next day he got up and got ready for church then got Kierra and Ammon ready two hours before church started! We are so lucky to have such a good son, we have learned so much from him. WE LOVE YOU PARKER!



4 comments:
That was a nice day! Your talk was great. I love your slide show.
Congratulations, Parker! How exciting! It sounds like it was a really great program, too bad we couldn't be there.
I can't believe the kids are getting so grown up. He is such a fun kid and he will make a big difference in this world. He has the energy for it.
Wow I can't believe you have an 8 year old. He looks so happy. Your family is so cute.
Post a Comment