Our summer was of course full of lots of fun and some not so fun times. We had a great 4th of July (actually 5th of July) with my side of the family at my brother's house. The cousins had a great time together! All the boys are absolutely fascinated with fireworks and Jaiden was no exception.
He did try to blow out the smoke bombs, but didn't seem scared by the fire! We had to be careful because he wanted to be right in the middle of all the firework lighting with the older kids! We actually got to watch fireworks three nights in a row, which worked out great because we didn't get to watch any for the 24th!
Less than a week after the 4th, Parker had to get his tonsils out. Around the time Ammon had his tonsils out, Parker started with the constant strep attacks. We decided to let him get some fun in before having surgery and then take a break in July. I had to post the picture of Parker acting like he was going to die
in the doctor's office the day before so you could get a small scope of his crazy personality! Surgery went well, but it certainly wasn't fun! After only a day Parker was sick of sugar, sick of pain and sick of being cooped up! We did our best to make him comfortable though and we all survived!
After Parker started feeling better we ventured out to a free fun day at Wheeler Farm. The kids loved the food and the balloons, but of course all the lines were to long! We made sure to take the tractor ride around the farm though and that was the highlight of the trip! Unfortunately
I started not feeling well that day and ended up going to the hospital that night. After lots of drugs they sent me home not knowing why I was in so much pain. I didn't feel well most of the summer after that, but we still managed to have some fun. =)
The older three got to take two sessions of swim lessons. They love swimming and it was great to take lessons at our nearby pool where we could go swim for free in the afternoon. Parker is an excellent swimmer and passed levels 4 and 5 and is ready for 6 next year! (Although he doesn't want to move on without his friends!)
Kierra barely passed level 3, but I put her in level 4 anyway because I didn't want her to spend two more weeks learning just one thing. At first the teacher in level 4 said she wasn't ready and almost put her back in 3. I told her I thought she could do it though and with the help of a good teacher and a great dad she even passed level 4! Ammon worked at level 2 both sessions and was getting bored so I told him to work really hard so he could pass and he finally did! I am so proud of my good little swimmers!
No comments:
Post a Comment