Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Unbelievable

The word unbelievable is often used to mean that something miraculous, wonderful or to good to be true has happened. Well in this case, that is not what I mean!

To me it is unbelievable that since the beginning of the year I have been to 14 doctor/dentist/chiropractor/hospital visits. I have spent almost 20 hours in waiting rooms and about 4.5 hours driving to those appointments.
It is also unbelievable that I have spent $450 on said appointments!
It is unbelievable that despite the fact that I give my children a multi-vitamin and an immune vitamin almost everyday, use hand sanitizer and have them wash their hands regularly, someone is always sick!
We've had several colds, the baby has had many ear infections and ear tube surgery, we've had tonsillitis and now strep!
And it is incredibly unbelievable what strep throat can do to a little baby! Never in all my years of parenting have I ever seen a child so ill!!!
It is unbelievable that I spent Valentine's Day being thrown up on so many times that I lost count!
And it is unbelievable that my baby hasn't eaten in three days and is still alive!!
Yet through it all it is unbelievable how much love and compassion we can have for our poor sick children.
And it is unbelievable that I have stayed well enough to take care of everyone through many horrible sicknesses.
I also know that despite all the terrible things that happen during this earth life, our Heavenly Father's love for us is UNBELIEVABLE!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Goodness gracious! I feel like someone's always sick in our house, but it's not been that bad! You must have a lot of patience, because I couldn't handle all that.

CasaJenkins said...

unbelievable! I thought you were going to say you were pregnant, now that would be unbelievable.