Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ammon's Accomplishments

It has been a time of adventure and growth for Ammon this week. He has been begging to have his training wheels off since his best buddy took his off last fall. We've tried a couple times but he just wasn't ready. Well I accidentally backed the car into his bike and bent one of the training wheels, since the bike was useless unless we took them off I figured it was time. Well at first he didn't really catch on and I was afraid the whole process was going to take weeks. But Ammon was so determined to ride that bike that he just didn't want to get off it. My friend helped him while I was teaching piano lessons the day after I took the training wheels off. She came up to tell me that Ammon wanted me to come see him, low and behold there he was riding his bike up the street all by himself! The next day he learned how to do turns and within four days of getting his training wheels off he was riding like he had been riding all year. I am so proud of his determination. He has also learned to take his helmet on and off by himself and do flips on the tramp. It is so fun to watch him grow and to see the joy on his face with each new accomplishment!

2 comments:

CasaJenkins said...

Great Job Ammon : )

Jules said...

Go Ammon! It has been so fun to watch his progress. He rides like it's been longer than a week! Yahoo.