We had a fun party for him when my in-laws were in town. They rented a hotel room and we took Jaiden on his first swimming trip. He was scared at first but I just held on to him for a while and he quickly learned to love it. I made cupcakes and put them in the shape of a 1 for his first cake. At first he was overwhelmed by everything and started to cry when we tried to get him to eat the cake. Once everyone backed off he chowed down and had a great time! Present opening was hilarious, but that was because of his siblings. They all tore open his presents (most of which they had helped pick out) and acted like they were the coolest things ever. The baby couldn't even play with his own toys! He absolutely loved his Little Einstein Rocket ride on toy and when he got on it he gave me the only smile I got out of him during the whole party! It's so funny how we push our silly birthday rituals onto these little ones who just don't have a clue. But hey at least I got some cute pictures!
The last pics are him in one of his birthday outfits outside in my neighbors yard (since mine doesn't look too pretty right now). He loves being outside so I thought that would be fitting for his one year portraits. He can only take a couple steps by himself, which turned out to be a good thing since he couldn't run away and I got lots of good pictures!



3 comments:
Happy Birthday J! The pics turned out so cute.
Congratulations on the one-year-old!! What cute pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful birthday party for him! Tell him Aunt Charla says Happy Belated Birthday and that she loves him! And all the other kids too!
wow that is crazy.
Post a Comment