Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Special Month for a Special Princess

August was a big month for our one and only princess. On 8-8 she turned the big 6 years old! She was fascinated with bunnies at Easter time, which is why she got a bunny for an early birthday present. So I planned ahead and bought a bunch of bunny stuff on clearance back in April so that we could have a fun bunny birthday. We made bunny ears and decorated a bunny cookie house. Even the boys had fun!

















I guess there was something about turning 6 that gave her a drive to grow up. We worked all month on getting her to ride a bike without training wheels (I was really sick of carrying her and Jaiden in the trailer!), but about a week after her birthday it finally clicked. Now she is having a great time riding around with her brothers and never wants to stop!


Just before school started some friends invited her to a back to school fashion show. This was her first time doing anything like this and she didn't have a clue what to do. But she was so stinkin cute as she shyly walked around showing off her new fall fashion!


And then at the end of the month our princess started 1st grade! I just can't believe how grown up she is. She even stopped wearing pull-ups to bed, hurray!!!! We are so proud of our little girl, sh
e is such a good big sister and helps me out so much. I don't know what we would do if we hadn't been blessed with a princess!!


2 comments:

Kari said...

Geez! I can't believe she's 6! Growing up too fast! I love the last picture of her with the backpack. Her expression is so cute!

CasaJenkins said...

what a cutie watch out for this one.