Thursday, November 11, 2010

For Our Special Veteran's

Our kids school put on a wonderful Veteran's Day Assembly this year. All the grades learned a different song to sing to the Veteran's. (My kids walked around singing "The Armed Forces Medley" and "My Country Ti's of Thee" for weeks!) The kids wrote notes to the Veteran's and the school gave each Veteran a special star with a note from one of the kids. Preston's Uncle John was able to join us and the kids were so excited to have someone in their own family honored! Uncle John was even able to go and answer questions in Preston's class afterword. It was such a wonderful day! Oh and another cool thing happened. I sat next to this nice older lady during the assembly and talked to her and the kids with her a little bit. Then at the end of the assembly they said they wanted to honor some deceased Veteran's and as they said the name Evan Taggert Jenkins the lady next to me stood up. I couldn't believe it, because I knew I was related to him and had even been to his house when I was younger! I had been sitting next to my dad's cousin's wife Ann Jenkins during the whole assembly! To make it even funnier, I found out that one of her grandkids is in Parker's class, so he has a 2nd or 3rd cousin in his class!

1 comment:

Chantalle R. said...

That is so fun. After we moved to Vegas my mom started getting her hair done by my dads second cousin and didn't know it. Small world we live in.