Thanks for visiting, just beware, our animals are so cute you might have to come again and again!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
The Big Secret
Okay I know Kierra seems to get blogged about the most, but she is just so funny! Last week I started writing the kids Christmas lists and asking them what they wanted for Christmas. Kierra found this cute puppy with a stroller, bed and carrier that she really wanted. She even had me print a picture of it for her so she could carry it around and remind that she wanted it. Well one day as she was telling me how much she wanted it she got a puzzled look. Then she asked "Now how do I know Santa is going to get this present to me? Does he get it from the store or from you, or do you get it from him?" This whole Santa concept just wasn't making sense, and I'm not one to drag out making kids believe in Santa when they are ready to hear the truth. So I told her that there is no Santa and that I was Santa and I assured her that I would get her what she wanted for Christmas. She looked shocked for just a second and then said, "Oh my goodness mom, this is a big secret! We can't tell anyone..... not even daddy!" I held it together and promised her I would keep the secret if she would. But later that night when I told Preston about the big secret, we just couldn't stop laughing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so funny! The things kids come up with are incredible, but that was great!
LOL So funny. Where have you been? I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth.. welcome back to bloggy world!
kids are funny!
That is too good. I can't wait to see Audrey's reaction when we finally tell her.
Post a Comment