Saturday, November 1, 2008

Piano Lessons

Here is a cute little answer to prayer story. Since the ward split things have been rearranged and many people have gotten new callings. Well the new Primary President said they put all the primary teachers left up on a board and prayed about where they should go. We were moved from CTR5 to CTR8, which we are very appreciative of because it is a whole lot less babysitting. Don't get me wrong, we loved our adorable 5 year old class, but it is nice to teach kids that can actually read scriptures and answer questions. So Last week on our second week there I noticed one of the cute girl's fingers moving like she was playing the piano. So I asked her if she played the piano and she said she wanted to but her mom couldn't find a teacher. So I had the thought that I could get her started. I have all the piano books from when me and my sister went through piano lessons, and I definitely know how to teach music. So I mentioned it to her mom after church, I was surprised by how happy she was to have me teach Savannah and even asked if I would teach her son too. She said it was an answer to prayer, and I thought how amazing it is that people are put together for a reason. Now the funny thing was that Preston was telling me a couple months ago that I should teach, piano, flute or voice lessons. But I told him I didn't feel comfortable advertising when I don't have a degree or any big accomplishments to prove my capability. However, I love teaching friends and family who don't stress over my credentials. Heavens I have been teaching music since I was in sixth grade and taught my best friend how to play the flute, I continued to give flute lessons to other girls in my ward all through high school. So anyway my point is, that the Lord does care about us and sees our needs, and He does answer prayers!!

1 comment:

CasaJenkins said...

Good to hear, extra $ is always welcomed.