Thanks for visiting, just beware, our animals are so cute you might have to come again and again!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
The Doctor Visit
So yesterday we had to take Kierra to the doctor for her five year checkup and to get kindergarten shots. Now taking four kids anywhere is usually a bit of an adventure (or just really stressful), but yesterday proved even more so than usual! The trip started out with a praying-mantis in the van. They are harmless and this wouldn't normally be a big problem, but for some reason Kierra was terrified of it. She would not listen as I repeatedly told her it was not going to hurt her. Parker being the typical big brother that he is, just had to push it toward her until it was right above her head. So by the time we got to the doctor's office in Tooele she was screaming and crying and yelling that she was allergic to it! Not a great way to start out a visit where shots are involved! So even though we were late after dealing with the funny praying-mantis, we still had a long wait for the doctor and the kids were getting a little out of control. So to entertain the boys I filled each of them up a latex glove with water and gave it to them to squish and hold, and hopefully keep them out of trouble. Well it did work for the most part, but leave it to my kids to do the unexpected. Parker was squishing his water glove when the doctor came in and for some reason went and stood right next to him. All of a sudden "POP" and there went water all over the doctor, all over the floor, and all over Kierra's kindergarten paperwork!!! I was so embarrassed, and then the nurse who was cleaning it up nearly fell and hurt herself. The doctor was very understanding and said that his kids would probably have done the same thing, but I doubt it. ONLY PARKER!!!! Oh, and the other water glove you ask?? Ammon was squishing it above his head on the way home, when yup you guessed it, there went water all over him and his car seat. Parker laughed, Ammon cried, and I vowed NEVER AGAIN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's hilarious! I don't know how you do it. I have a hard enough time going anywhere with just my two!
Again, patience comes to mind when you tell your stories.. I would have strangled kids. You should have dropped the boys off here while you went to the doctors.. just let me know when you need me!!
Post a Comment