Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Three Boys Three Positive Strep Tests!

As you can see I am playing catch up, so it was actually at the end of September when all three boys got strep throat. Within one week I had to take all three of them to the doctor and all three had a positive strep test! Now this was Parker's first time getting it this year, although he has had it two other times in his life. It was Jaiden's second time getting it (the first time landed him in the hospital in February) and thank heavens he didn't get as sick as before! But it was Ammon's fourth time having strep in less than 8 months! I was done, I didn't care if the pediatrician gave us a referral or not, I was taking him to the ENT! I am glad I did, the doctor told me he would take tonsils out if someone had three infections in a year or if they had problems from extra large tonsils. Ammon had both! He had all the signs of lack of sleep and attention span that large tonsils can cause. So out they came in the middle of October. Surgery went well and although he was pretty out of it for a few days he thoroughly enjoyed eating all the popsicles, pudding and ice cream he wanted! In fact sometimes he still asks for gatorade and pudding for breakfast! And I am happy to report that we have had no cases of strep throat since!!!

This is Ammon recovering from surgery with his teddy bear he got from the hospital. I am so glad he is one to sleep his pain and sickness away!

No comments: